We are currently seeking a talented financial marketing professional to join Redwood Investment Management, in our Scottsdale, AZ office. Redwood provides investment solutions to financial advisors. The person will work closely with the marketing director and principals of the firm to assist with Redwood’s marketing, including developing, implementing, and executing branded materials, digital marketing, and websites. Day-to-day tasks involve curating, coordinating, managing, and distribution of collateral related to all of Redwood’s solutions critical to the Firm’s growth. As a Research Analyst/Content Writer, you will oversee projects that require deep research into financial topics translated into impactful copywriting and editing.
This position requires a demonstrated track record working in marketing and marketing strategy in the Wealth and Investments space to drive an audience. This person will have strong interpersonal skills, outstanding organizational skills and superb attention to detail. While not required, experience in the RIA (Registered Investment Advisor) and IMO (Insurance Marketing Organization) space is a plus.
Redwood Investment Management is an institutional SEC registered investment adviser providing leading edge investment solutions to clients and investment advisers across a variety of vehicles including the Redwood mutual funds, separately managed accounts, sub-advisory relationships, unified managed accounts, investment model platforms, a hedge fund, and the LeaderShares® series of ETFs. Redwood’s strategies are primarily quantitative and focus on a macro level view. Our offices are in Scottsdale, AZ and Los Angeles, CA. This role is in our Scottsdale, AZ headquarters.
The following duties are generally representative of the level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Assisting in curating marketing ideas and collateral across different mediums and platforms including but not limited to print, digital, websites, email campaigns, digital marketing platforms, and any other marketing distribution to drive awareness
- Managing and updating current and recurring regular marketing pieces distributed to financial advisors, including performance fact sheets, white papers, brochures, newsletters
- Creation and publication of all marketing materials in line with Redwood’s marketing strategies
- Helping to coordinate marketing materials and branding for events and conferences
- Coordinating with any outside vendors related to marketing – design, web admins, marketing consultants, printers.
- Work independently and with vendors to draft copy from scratch
- Research unfamiliar financial topics using online and firm resources
- Produce engaging content that follows tone and voice standards, and is consistent with firm views on
- Create ideas for marketing, draft outlines and work with graphic designers to create full marketing offers
- Edit for clarity, grammar, spelling, consistency and accuracy while following SEO standards
- Work with designers to turn copy into impactful multimedia (e.g. video, infographics, animations)
- 3+ years of proven experience writing Wealth and Investment marketing copy
- Understanding of capital markets concepts including basics on modern portfolio theory, how different asset classes work, and the different players in the investment management industry is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage projects and work efficiently for deliverables
- Emphasis on strong written and verbal skills; understands how to communicate effectively
- Extremely competent in PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, inDesign, Microsoft etc.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus
- Knowledge of marketing platforms such as salesforce, pardot is a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Firm Motto: Attention to detail without ego (everyone, including most senior management, handles major and minor tasks as needed)
Trustworthy and responsible, with a Positive Attitude;
Solution provider with composure;
Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines;
Strong project management skills;
Strong ability to manage up and manage down;
Independently motivated and proactive
Well organized, detail-oriented, and excellent oral and written communication skills;