We are looking for a driven Accounting Manager to join our growing company. This accounting professional will be responsible for all areas of the firm accounting and the associated financial reporting. This individual plays an integral role in developing and maintaining practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including accounts payables/receivables, general ledger preparation/administration, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The professional will have recurring communication with senior-level management and will report directly to the President, which will require strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Redwood Investment Management is an institutional SEC registered investment adviser providing leading edge investment solutions to clients and investment advisers across a variety of vehicles including the Redwood mutual funds, separately managed accounts, sub-advisory relationships, unified managed accounts, investment model platforms, a hedge fund, and the LeaderShares® series of ETFs. Redwood’s strategies are primarily quantitative and focus on a macro level view. Our offices are in Scottsdale, AZ. & Los Angeles, CA. This role is in our Scottsdale, AZ headquarters.
The following duties are generally representative of the level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end accounting close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payables and Receivables.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Responds to inquiries from the President, the Founder, and other Partner regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Primary day-to-day contact with external accounting firm for audit and tax purposes.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the accounting workflow.
- 3-5 years of prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a mutual fund or investment advisory firm is a plus
- BA/BS in Business with Emphasis in Accounting; CPA preferred
- PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast pace setting. Expert in excel, QuickBooks, and other standard office software.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Firm Motto: Attention to detail without ego (everyone, including most senior management, handles major and minor tasks as needed)
- Trustworthy and responsible, with a Positive Attitude;
- Solution provider with composure;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong ability to manage up and manage down;
- Independently motivated and proactive
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Team Player.